California Perinatal Quality Care Collaborative and California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative are quality improvement organizations comprising over 90% of California’s maternity and neonatal intensive care units. The safety and well-being of the healthcare workers, patients, and communities of California hospitals is our top priority. We have aggregated the following resources about COVID-19 in maternal and infant health to help hospitals and healthcare workers respond to the situation as it unfolds.
As this is a rapidly evolving public health pandemic, we encourage you to take into consideration the most recently available local health department and CDC guidance when developing your internal protocols. We have dated all of the links and organized them with the latest news first to support your information gathering. We will be updating this webpage frequently as new information becomes available. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purposes only. From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to external sites. While we strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content of these sites.
CPQCC/ CMQCC Webinars
Due to the rapidly changing guidelines around COVID-19, webinar recordings will be taken down after two weeks.
- REGISTER HERE: Preparing your Perinatal Units to Respond to COVID-19: Transitions of Care and Neonatal Nutrition. (UC Davis Medical Center, 4/10/20 at 12:00 PM PST)
- Preparing your Perinatal Units to Respond to COVID-19: Practical Recommendations from a Frontline Hospital. (Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford, 3/24/20) | Webinar recording | Slide Set
Sample Hospital Resources
- Neonatal Respiratory Filter, LAC-USC Example (3/25/20)
- Neonatal Respiratory Filter, Stanford Health Care Example (3/24/20)
- Management of Infants Born to Mothers with COVID-19 (4/2/20)
- Physician FAQ (4/2/20)
- Physician FAQ (updated regularly)
- Patient FAQ (4/3/20)
- Simulation Guide (4/2/20)
- Practice Advisory (3/13/20)
- Outpatient Assessment and Management Algorithm (ACOG/ SMFM, 3/13/20)
- Information on Pregnancy & Breastfeeding (4/3/20)
- Interim Considerations for Infection Prevention and Control in Inpatient Obstetric Healthcare Settings (2/18/20)
- SMFM and SOAP Labor and Delivery Considerations (3/27/20)
- What Maternal-Fetal Medicine Subspecialists Need to Know (3/17/20)
- Outpatient Assessment and Management Algorithm (ACOG/SMFM, 3/13/20)
- Neonatal COVID19 Repository (Dr. K.S.Gautham, Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine, 4/5/20)
- Interim Considerations for Obstetric Anesthesia Care Related to COVID (Society for Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology, 3/23/20)
- Doulas and COVID-19 (DONA International, 3/12/20)
- Pregnant and worried about the new coronavirus? (Harvard Health, 4/2/20)
- COVID-19 Guidance for Women and Families (CDPH, 4/2/20)
- PRIORITY: Pregnancy Coronavirus Outcomes Registry (UCSF)
National registry of pregnant women with COVID-19
- National Perinatal COVID-19 (NPC-19) Registry (AAP Section on Neonatal Perinatal Medicine)
National registry of mothers with COVID-19 and their infants
- Neonatal COVID-19 Impact Audit (Vermont Oxford Network)
Data tool to help newborn care teams understand the impact of COVID-19 in their units
For questions or comments about any of the resources shared on this page please email info@CAperinatalprograms.org.